As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox undocumented mute trick (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: undocumented mute trick
Chain Chomp
MD uw
Octatrack
Monomachine mkII +Drive
Re:undocumented mute trick 14 Years, 11 Months ago
eagleroad wrote:
this works in a similar way with the pattern selection also.
if you hold down the bank button (A,B,C,D...) then press function, then release the bank button, then release function, the available patterns will remain selectable until you choose one (instead of just a couple of seconds) or press the exit button.

i always found it hard to change patterns if i was tweaking the knobs but not anymore!!

is this actually true??......i tried it but nothing different from what should happen
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
I've played around with this trick and discovered a little quirk as well.

Let's say you have muted some tracks (not all) this way and are now playing around with the filter on the CTR-AL machine. Then you flip back to the mute section, un-mute the tracks and does fucntion+classic (to reset). Now, if you un-mute some more tracks, they will still be affected by the CTR-AL machine and you have to press function+classic again to reset.

Maybe it's useful to some and I hope my description makes sense...?!

-j
Chain Chomp
MD uw
Octatrack
Monomachine mkII +Drive
yes it work fine and could be useful.....to double the reload situation in a way u can use to bring folks nuts =)

anyway i think the fact that you would press funct+class twice is not due to the cued mute/unmute trick...when u unmute tracks they have parameters modified by CTRL-AL so, if u funct+class it goes back to the saved kits.......BUT not the "not-yet-triggered" tracks ...i mean: CTRL AL has a sort of 'memory' for the tracks muted.....if u have, say:

- track from 1>5 playing
- 6>13 muted (14 is for CTRL AL; 15 and 16 empty)
- now u tweak a recognizable parameter with CTRL AL
- then u bring back (unmute) tracks 11>13 ---- these tracks have been modified by that parameter and u can now hear it
- press funct+class and u get ALL the playing tracks restored to the original kit
- now u unmute tracks 6>10 ....they still have a modified sound EVEN if their parameters have been restored to the originale value (and you can see it from their own LCD pages)
- so...u press the second time funct+class and ALL the machines now will play as they began..

i call this CTRL-AL's memory - and i found it does this when machines are muted / not-triggered
sicijk wrote:
eagleroad wrote:
this works in a similar way with the pattern selection also.
if you hold down the bank button (A,B,C,D...) then press function, then release the bank button, then release function, the available patterns will remain selectable until you choose one (instead of just a couple of seconds) or press the exit button.

i always found it hard to change patterns if i was tweaking the knobs but not anymore!!

is this actually true??......i tried it but nothing different from what should happen

this was "fixed" about 3 or 4 updates ago. it was always kinda buggie when it did work, and i don't think it was ever intentional.
Game & Watch
Another usage for this is the following. Sometimes I will record with a click intro (my sampler will auto-truncate anything before the audio). Cueing up the mutes is a much more reliable way of muting the click for me as there is less button pushing. Makes a difference for me with one bar at 130-140 bpm.
Chain Chomp
Re:undocumented mute trick 14 Years, 10 Months ago
i have had my machinedrum for 2 weeks now and i came across the mute trick by mistake .. but i never knew function and classic mode reloads your kits thanks! great thread just makes you love the machine a whole lot more
Goomba
Re:undocumented mute trick 14 Years, 7 Months ago
Is there a reload kit state technique for the monomachine as well?
Admin
tIB was here
Re:undocumented mute trick 14 Years, 7 Months ago
^ No you have to go into the menu and reload kit
Goomba
Re:undocumented mute trick 14 Years, 5 Months ago
hageir wrote:
with some combination you can mute+unmute and do a function+tweak (all parameters) to create the craziest breaks in the world, then when you let the buttons go all the stuff is unmuted, then one single press of ye olde function+classic and *bam* back to normal!

awesome club breaks!

heya, im new to the forums, a lot of helpful stuff and friendly peeps around! got my md just about 1 week and discovered this great trick. now ive got this "undocumented unmute trick" thing working: after pressing function+mute, un/muting some tracks, still holding function and pressing mute a second time, the md remembers the un/muted tracks when i return to the mute section next time-everything works fine. but when i function+tweak while the md remembers the un/muted tracks, the tweak-all-tracks thing with function+params doesnt work anymore. the params work only for the selected track, even though im pressing function+param. it seems that function is busy remembering the un/mutes or so.

in the post above, it sounds like this should work, so someone please enlighten me!
Chain Chomp
Re:undocumented mute trick 14 Years, 5 Months ago
no once you close the mute screen and do a function+tweak it wont work
Go to top Post Reply